Friday, September 24, 2010

Dad passed away this morning.

Mom got up this morning about 6 and checked on dad. He was breathing very labored. She kept checking on him, sitting by him and watching him. About 8:20 she went to the rest room and when she returned at 8:25 he was gone.

She woke me and I tried to get a pulse in the neck or wrist, I shook him and tried to wake him. I listened for breathing sounds. I then took a stethoscope and listened for a heart beat. There was none, he was gone.

I called Hospice and they had someone there within 10 minutes. She confirmed that dad had passed. She called the funeral home and within 30 minutes they pulled up in a white van and took dad.

We spent the day going to the funeral home, then the grave yard. Everything was taken care of today.

Now mom is resting knowing that he is in a better place. I know he is in a better place yet my heart can't seem to accept that yet. He is not here - so I know he is gone. A piece of my heart went with him. 

Thank you for all your prayers and thoughts. My mom's sister is coming to stay with her for quite sometime. She lost her husband so she will know how to help mom. It will be good for her to have company.

My Blog List