Tuesday, June 14, 2011

June 14, 2011 - I'm BACK.....

I don't seem to get on and post as often as I used too. I don't scrapbook anymore - haven't since January of 2010. Yes I still have all my stuff and I have recently bought new digital papers etc to do some more on the pc with my scrapbooking.

For Father's Day, since I no longer have dad; Shutterfly was offering an 8 x 8 photo book for your dad. Well, I took the chance and made myself a book of dad. One that is beautiful when it came back. I can look at that and remember a lot of the special things to me about him. I added my sister and her family to it also. Since we lost Caroline before dad. It is just special and I am so glad I was able to do it and it is something I will enjoy for the rest of my life.

I read the story I had posted before this one about being "green", I still laugh when I read that because it is so true. I am old enough to remember most of that. The 'now' generation think they have it all figured out - with all the gadgets and all. Don't get me wrong - I am a gadget nerd and wonder how we ever lived without them. Yet, what we are doing today in our "throw away" world is destroying it. No, I am not a 'tree hugger' as the expression goes. 

It just amazes me when I see how far we have come. Yet, it is bibical. The bible said men's knowledge would increase and it has. The computers that once took up a whole floor of a business is now on a small tablet you can carry in your hand. I think it is great. Yet, I wonder how it will destroy our world as we know it today.

Indentity theft is so much easier if they can hack our computers or our banks or the doctor's office. They can get everything they need to know to make a whole new YOU. Then use that to destroy you. Kind of scary isn't it?

On the home front, we have a new puppy - Nicky is a mess. She is a wild thing! Oh to cage up some of that energy and bottle it for when I need it. lol   She is sure cute though and Buster has finally accepted her and they play all the time. He is good with her. She is 3 months old now and he is almost 6 yrs old. He was so lonely after we lost Sparky we had to get him a buddy to play with.

Casey is trying to buy a house - hopefully it will be hers very soon. We are so excited for her. She and Jeremy will be moving in shortly we hope. They are moving to Park City; Jennifer and Brenton are in Maize. We are almost in Haysville, so we cover all corners of Wichita. 

During our tornado scare last Thursday Jennifer drove through some water and an SUV coming the other way threw water on her. Drowned out her engine. Her car is in the shop now getting a new engine. She is driving her dad's truck, yes, you read that correctly!

Mom is doing good. She is going to see Caroline's grave next week. We haven't gotten to see it yet. Dad never did. We had a memorial service for her but not a graveside service. Long story but that is what had to happen. It is important for her to go. She is driving to Doni's in Neosho then they are going from there to St Louis. I wish I could have gone. 

I am looking forward to retirement so I can do things like that. Don't know when that will be! Soon I hope.

That is it for today! Have a wonderful week and I will attempt to get back on more often now. 

My Blog List