Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving then off to Germany

Well, I got a call this morning, I will be leaving for Germany the first of the week for 12 days.
They are trying to book it for Monday December 1st, or Tuesday at the latest.

We will be working tomorrow to get me an engineering laptop all loaded up and export compliant so that it will work there. They are also getting a cell phone that I can use to call internationally. I already have my corporate American Express card and passport. (Now I have to remember where I put them!)

The bad part is I do not read or speak German so this should be fun driving over there. I have a course to learn German but how much can I learn in four days? Maybe enough to ask where the bathroom is or can I have a salad please? Or no, I do not want beer with that. (I hear they drink a lot over there.)

Now I need to find the correct plug in adapters for my curling irons etc. I have to do laundry, pack and make sure I have all that I need. All in only 3 days to do it since Thursday is Thanksgiving.

The big thing? I haven’t even started Christmas shopping, I guess it is a good thing everyone wanted to draw names this year. Maybe I can buy my person’s gift in Berlin – that would be cool.

Objective of this? To train to do what we have been trying to do since May. They are still not happy. I am the project manager and the clients that work for us – their project manager is going with me.
We will get to tour the Rolls Royce Plant and see the manufacturing of the engines that will go into the nacelle and thrust reversers we are building.

Another neat part? I will be there for 12 days and should get to do some site seeing in Berlin. Maybe see the Wall that fell. They say it is beautiful over there. Will see.

I don’t like to fly and it takes 10 hours to fly there. Not good. But at least I am going business class so that should help a little with my restless leg syndrome. It isn’t good for me to sit that long.

Well, just thought I would let you know what is going on. I worry about my little Yorkie – he goes into a depression when I go to work or on a weekend trip – he has never been gone from me for two weeks. I just hope he does okay. Bob is concerned about him too. I know he is a dog – but he is my baby!

Happy Thanksgiving to all – enjoy your families, as I plan too, just wish Caroline and her family could have been here.

My Blog List