Wednesday, July 6, 2011

God still performs Miracles


My sister’s best friend, Brenda, had an emergency hysterectomy in March.  It was VERY invasive and included reorganizing a lot of organs. Her bladder had connected to her fallopian tube and they had to cut and resection the bowl to the rectum. She had a lot of pain and problems after the surgery.

The biopsy reports came back as Endometrial Cancer which is an estrogen fed type cancer. They did not know going in that it was cancer and did not remove all her female organs. They wanted to go back in immediately and clean it all out. However, her son was getting ready to graduate high school and her daughter was getting married shortly. She refused to have the surgery until after the special events.
 The oncologist agreed she would wait until after the wedding but she had to be in the hospital for surgery on the following Monday after her daughter’s wedding.

The doctor tried vaginally to remove the uterus but it didn’t work so they did robotic surgery. They filled her abdomen with gas and basically moved the table so that she was standing on her head! They did 4 biopsies on her lymph nodes, took the ovaries and fallopian tubes and did an abdominal cavity flush.

She just got the results of the lab work yesterday and she is CANCER FREE. Praise the Lord he is still listening to our prayers and answering them.

Sometimes we forget that God is there to help us. We need to ask for what we need. I see a lot of shows that almost make a mockery of praying. But prayer is real. You talk to your spouse and your friends. Talk to God, he really listens and he does have time for you.

I don’t think my Mom and I could have made it through the year of losing both my sister in Feb 2010 and then my dad in September 2010 had it not been for him. He is my comfort and my light in time of heartache and trouble. He lifts me up on the wings of Angels when I cannot bare my burden alone.

I don’t “get down on my knees” to pray to him – I talk to him when driving to work, to a friend’s house or even sitting at my desk at work. I need HIS guidance in everything I do. Without him I am nothing, with him I can do all things.  I have seen too many Miracles that he has preformed to even think that there is not a supreme being that cares for each of us.

I ask him to come into my heart as a young girl and even thought I turned away from him for a period during my 18-20’s, He never left my side. That still small voice would talk to me and tell me he was there – waiting for me. I rededicated my life to Him and He is my life. All one has to do is believe that God sent his Son to died for our sins, tell Him you believe and ask him to come into your heart and guide your life.
He gives me peace that withstands all human understanding.

What is amazing to me is it is there for any and everyone to do. It is so simple that people just can’t believe it. I am glad I am one that does. I hope you do too, or will think about it, believe me it is worth it.

That isn’t to say I won’t have troubles or problems along the way. We live in a sin filled world. But the creator of the universe is ever present and there for you. He doesn’t always answer prayers the way WE want, because He knows the whole story and what is best for us.   Thanks for listening.  Just think about it.

My Blog List