Saturday, September 4, 2010

Why do bad things happen to good people

Soon after my sister died on Feb. 28, 2010; my dad starting feeling bad. Nothing he could put a name too. He just didn't feel good.

On Friday, August 27th, the Dr. put a scope down his throat. This was because for the prior two or three weeks he could not eat anything. The scope revealed our worst nightmare - the C word.

The word no one wants to hear or cope with. He has gastric stomach cancer, which has started growing into his esophagus. When growing into the esophagus it has formed a ball and attached to all sides. Only clear liquids will go down.

On Tuesday, August 31st, they done surgery to see what damage has been caused and to put a feeding tube 12 inches below his stomach. The stomach was very hard and abnormally shaped. They went back down his esophagus and took many more biopsy's of his stomach and the esophagus area.

On Thursday, Sept. 3, the results came back gastric stomach cancer with no doubt. He has been in the hospital for one week now. Weak as a kitten and fail as one can be.

It is so extremely hard to see your dad in this stage - a man that has always been your hero, strong and determined that he would do whatever himself with no help. Now he can't even get off the bed himself.

I can't pretend that this isn't tearing me up, because it is. I try to look brave and strong but I am melting inside. I know that God knows what is happening - he doesn't cause it to be; this life of Adam's sin did.

My dad is ready if he passes to go see his daughter and grand daughter. But I pray as long as we can keep his pain in control - we can keep him a little bit longer.

My Blog List