Monday, April 23, 2012

HELP! MY PAPER IS BURYING ME……


My messy desk:


I seem to grow paper in my office. I clean it up and then the next time I come down – there it is again! What do I do to keep it clean? Okay, this is what I am doing to clean up this mess:
·         Separate the bills
o   If not marked paid – check bank acct to see if it was – if not PAY IT
o   If it is shown paid – shred it
·         I only keep my credit card statements – so I can see what I bought and when
·         Throw away ads that I won’t ever use
·         Put into a box the “vacation stuff” to use for scrapbooking
·         Put the “keeps” into a pile to scan into digital format
·         Also keep all pay stubs until you check your W2 at the end of the year
·         Shred items that have important information on them
·         File information that I will need to keep:
o   Items from work, retirement papers, etc.
o   Warranty booklets from new items bought
o   Car Insurance papers
o   Health Insurance items
o   New car service papers
·         Throw away a 2012 calendar that I never hung

OH – there’s my bill payment book – I wondered where it had gone!

Did you know that your pharmacy and medical provider have digital copies of all your charges for the whole year and you can go to their sites and print those off?

Yipe, so once paid – shred those too.

My CLEAN desk:



On another topic –

I have been doing more Ancestry research lately. One needs to be careful as you never know what you might find.

Did you know that if you were divorced in 1972 and didn’t remember to check on it that it could have gone through? Or if you moved and didn’t leave a forwarding address your Divorce Decree may not have made it to you?

What I am trying to say is: I was married from March 1969 to Nov of 1972 and then divorced in Los Angeles, CA. I have been living with my husband in a ‘common law’ marriage since 1972. We never knew we were divorced.

Yes, Common Law is recognized in Kansas as a binding contract. As long as you live together as husband and wife, buy stuff together (like a house), have children and I take his last name. So we are legal. Our kids are wanting us to go to Las Vegas and get married so they can go too. NOT.

Yes, I know – how could we NOT know. I signed the papers, Bob signed the papers. I took them to the court house in Los Angeles and filed them. I have always had that little voice in the back of my head telling me, “what if that went through?”  Surprise!!!

In the 1970’s in California they had a DISSOLUTION of marriage (quickie divorce), where if you did not have any assets, nor children, your marriage could be dissolved as though it never took place.

Hummmm, wonder how our lives would have been had we known. There would not be a set of twins, nor our grandson, or our new daughter-in-law. So I think it has turned out pretty good. Wouldn’t you say? After 43 years we have weathered all the storms life could bring us and are still together.


Did I tell you that Jeremy got married? I think I did but can't remember. Jeremy and Casey Most were united as husband and wife in our living room Dec 19th, 2011. We love Casey to pieces. She and Jer make a wonderful couple. They are going to renew their commentment to each other on October 6, 2012 in a formal wedding.



On another note - we just went through a F3 tornado here in Wichita a week ago, April 14th.
I was off work all last week because our company (Jer and I work there), Spirit Aero Systems, Inc. took a direct hit.
Things were pretty well torn up - all the roofs need replaced and lots of damage to buildings was bad. Here is the tornado that hit us:


It was a mile wide. A small community was pretty much destroyed but no lives were lost. I was trying to find a photo of our plant but they have kept it pretty much out of the newspaper. Here is one of our buildings.


Well that is about it for this time.... take care, be well and remember put Christ first before all things. All else will follow after.

Sandy

My Blog List